Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, Nashville
If you didn’t know to look for Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, you might miss this idyllic site just 10 miles southeast of downtown – and for a bride considering a Nashville celebration, that would be a true shame! Previously a family estate, this historic landmark tucked in the Tennessee woodlands has been preserved for year-round public use and also makes a fantastic destination for a private wedding or other event.
With its numerous well-kept gardens, ponds, fountains, covered walkways, stone paths, and blooming trellises, Cheekwood provides a regal, serene backdrop for both small and large weddings. The venue offers 10 distinct venues with options for intimate affairs, such as the Japanese Garden and Pineapple Room, as well as the larger Massey Hall, Cheekwood Museum of Art, Frist Learning Center and Wills Perennial Garden. The separate venues also allow each couple to design unique celebrations according to their specific taste: gardens or lawns surrounded by lush flora and fauna; an art museum or gallery space; indoor rooms with floor-to- ceiling windows; outdoor terraces and patios; and more. The Cheekwood Museum Art is a 1920’s Georgian-style mansion, the former home of Cheekwood’s original proprietors, and now houses collections of 19th and 20th century American art as well as traveling exhibitions. The Frist Learning Center combines the estate’s original carriage house and stables, transformed into a gallery of contemporary art.
All of the sites at Cheekwood are available a la carte, so couples can hold ceremony only, reception only, or both ceremony and reception at the venue. The gardens are situated in Nashville’s Belle Meade neighborhood off Highway 70/West End Avenue, with numerous hotels and restaurants nearby. Luxury hotels in the area include the Hutton Hotel, Union Station Hotel, Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, and the Hermitage Hotel among others.
At Cheekwood, any wedding is a dream come true on the pathway to couples’ “happily ever after!”
- Cheekwood’s rental fee includes use of the grounds for engagement or bridal portraits prior to the wedding date and up to 250 white folding chairs. Other chair styles are available at extra cost.
- Will provide a list of required preferred caterers. Cheekwood is the exclusive licensed provider of alcoholic beverages on site; all beverage service must be provided by the venue.
- Cheekwood Museum of Art can hold 100 for a ceremony, 500 for a reception, and 350 for a seated dinner. Rental includes use of the Swan Lawn.
- Frist Learning Center can hold 250 for a ceremony, 500 for a reception, and 250 for a seated dinner. Rental includes use of The Frist Lawn.
- Massey Hall can hold 350 for a reception and 300 for a seated dinner.For more information, contact Event Sales Manager Erin Eggert at 615-354- 6377 or email@example.com